In recent months, teacher teams have had to convert their education from one day to the next to 100% online education. It was rowing with the oars you had. There will still be very limited face-to-face education for the coming academic year. Groups of up to 12 students and the 1.5 meter distance rule must be taken into account. A limited number of hours will be available for both lecturers and students in the AUAS buildings. Each study program will therefore have to make a selection of educational activities that can take place physically.
In doing so, we want to take the opportunity to broaden the knowledge and skills regarding blended design education of the teams. We can now examine with more time how we can adapt and develop the units of study in such a way that better and more targeted use can be made of online opportunities.
The teaching teams have indicated that there is a need for clear guidelines that help to make existing education suitable for blended education as much as possible. Here practical practical tools are offered, so that the lessons can be developed more easily, matching the goals and the target group, using as many online resources as possible, and where possible physical contact moments. Whether you design online / blended education or face-to-face education, the basic principles that we use as standard are the 12 building blocks for effective didactics. In combination with the Community of Inquiry framework as a guideline for blended learning, you can design effective education.
- Knowledge transfer, instruction and explanation of course material are offered via webinars, virtual classroom or knowledge clips.
- Formative evaluation and feedback is an important recurring component in educational design.
- Socialization activities can be done online or face-to-face. Great emphasis on organizing socialization activities face-to-face.
- Pay attention to study skills and self-regulation in online learning. Students see the teacher and each other significantly less in the new situation and are not used to a large part of online education.
- All tests are converted to an alternative online form.
In addition to these general frameworks, frameworks for physical and online educational activities are described.